Especially during the Christmas season, when many candles are lit at the same time, we should take notice of the RAL Quality Mark when buying candles. The RAL Mark guarantees that the candles burn evenly with a low soot and smoke release. Furthermore, candles with the RAL Quality Mark do not contain any harmful substances.
The use of real candles for Christmas tree decorations is safe when the safety instructions listed below are followed:
- Never let lit candles be unsupervised. Please extinguish any candles when leaving the room.
- Christmas tree candles shall
never be placed above each other, but instead be fixed at interspaces of at least 15 cm
- The candles should be attached to the ends of the branches so that they will not affect the branches above.
- If this is not possible because of the shape of the Christmas tree, there should be a space of at least 20 cm between the fixed candles and the branches above, so they will not catch fire.
- Light the candles top-down!
- Inversely, it is recommended to extinguish the candles bottom-up.
- Make sure that the Christmas tree is in a stable position. The Christmas tree stand should be heavy and broad. Water filled tree stands keep the tree fresh (dry twigs are a fire hazard).
- Never leave children unsupervised around lit candles.
- As a precaution, a fire extinguisher or a bucket filled with water should be within reach.
For further information about CANDLES and the
RAL Quality Mark please contact:
ingrid grimm pr
Gut Desdorf 4, 50189 Elsdorf,
Tel: 0049-2274 / 938 111,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Internet: www.grimm-pr.de
Publishing date 02.12.2012Message as Word document.